On 09/22/2011 09:30 AM, Nick Treleaven wrote:
Hi,
Whilst opening doc/geany.html I found it takes >5s on my machine to
load. It's a big document though, still perhaps the HTML tag parser
performance could be improved.

Well under 1 second to load geany.html here, and editing it is quite smooth as well.

Myself, I've found the biggest slowdown is when having lots of tags files, say more than 10 maybe. If I have all my Vala tags (the ones on the Wiki) loaded, Geany basically becomes unusable. I didn't spend much time troubleshooting, but I suspect turning down the symbol update frequency might help.

But now we have tag reparsing, editing geany.html becomes painful. I
know we can disable reparsing, but what else could we do to improve the
situation? It's not urgent to solve this problem, unless we want to make
reparsing off by default.

IMO it would be best not to disabling automatic updating of the symbols, it's a really good feature.

Cheers,
Matthew Brush