Am 24.09.2011 13:32, schrieb Lex Trotman:
Hi Colomban, Thomas,

I disagree, it is a bad idea to turn off a setting that changes the
behavior.  The user is likely to be confused by the unexpected change
in behavior (new symbols no longer in autocompletes, new types not
being highlighted etc).  Having it automagically turn off is bad.  At
most, pop up a dialog suggesting turning it off and noting where, but
only ever once per session.

I too think there should be a notification. But I think turning it of per-file (without touching the actual setting) is also good and the user will appreciate that.

Note that it would be turned off in the case symbol generation takes a long time, so it wouldn't go unnoticed if it's deactivated.

Colomban is right in trying to evaluate where Nicks problem is first,
thats far more likely to be productive, this sort of thing is the last
option not the first.

I agree.

Best regards.