On 24/09/2011 11:59, Colomban Wendling wrote:
Le 22/09/2011 18:30, Nick Treleaven a écrit :
Hi,
Whilst opening doc/geany.html I found it takes>5s on my machine to
load. It's a big document though, still perhaps the HTML tag parser
performance could be improved.

I think 5s is weird in the first place.  I know geany.html is 6.5k-lines
file, and that it may have say, 150 tags, but 5s seems way too much IMHO.

Maybe we should try to find out why this is so slow on your machine,
there might show a Geany bug, performance problem or something else.

I'm reduced to using Windows. I guess the reason is the regex code that is really old which is used for Windows builds. It might help to update it from CTags (we had a patch from Jiri Techet but it didn't look like it would build on Windows, i.e. wasn't from CTags).

* What kind of machine did you run (basically, CPU's MHz)

Pentium 4, 1.9 GHz, 512 MB ram.

* Had you many HTML files open, with many tags each?
* Had you many non-HTML files open?

Just that one file.