Hi Stacy,

Stacy Foster wrote:

Hi,

I did consider the stress which may come from this on the geckos, but
think that 15-20 gram juvies born in June are less susceptible to stress.
Do you think I'm wrong about this?

Yes. Keep them in their normal set-up. You are also doing way too much work here by moving them back and forth. You should be passing out Halloween candy instead! ;0

Petco guarantees their crickets are already gut loaded, but I do gut load
them about six or eight hours before I feed.

24 hours is better according to some recent studies. Always assume crickets are totally emaciated when you get them! ;)

Then I dust and feed them
that night.

Feed and water the crickets as soon as you get them. I use Susan Donoghue's cricket diet http://www.herpnutrition.com and Alan Repashy's cricket Insect Loading Formula (T-Rex product). For water I use leafy greens or sliced carrots. Save the vitamin supplement dusting until you are dispensing them to your hungry gex. Sprinkle on the supplement until the crickets are just coated nicely. Your gex will learn to recognize the scent of the supplement on the crickets and charge right to them if they are hungry.

No...I have no problem touching crickets. I guess maybe your idea of
catching them might work. I'll try that.

Try shaking the egg cartons side to side and banging their edges against the sides of the terrarium. The crix will run for the tubes.

Thanks Yuri...I appreciate your thoughts.

--Stacy

Great thoughts too Yuri and Bev!

Julie Bergman
http://www.geckoranch.com