went though Tracy
thanks

Lyle

On Jun 1, 2008, at 11:47 PM, Tracy Vicente wrote:

Is this going through?
Lyle, I cc'd this to you because I didnt see it come through on the list, though I receive emails from listserv...
can you please post this? I think it will help this gir.
Thanks, Tracy

RE: gold dust hatchling:

I had to reply, I had an incident years ago with a rescue grandis and the first shed was the issue with this one. as much as i was afraid i was killing the poor thing, I was vigilant with LOTS of wet paper towels and qtips.

Here are links to the whole story:
Day one: rescue:
http://www.gexfiles.com/album/grandisbaby/surprise.jpg

Day 2: much relief and on the way to recovery (note the lid of fruit, that is from one of those TINY pill bottles)
http://www.gexfiles.com/album/grandisbaby/grandisday2_2.jpg

and, this gecko grew to be a full sized adult.... BUT
http://www.gexfiles.com/album/grandisbaby/DSC00010sm.jpg

(you can see all of Esmeralda's photos at http://www.gexfiles.com/ album/grandisbaby/ )

I literally had to shed her by hand every time, right up until the day she passed away 5 years later. It was a labor of love, she would squawk and bite, but she wouldnt ever shed on her own, if I left it, it would have shortened her life even more. Even though her life was short to begin with, it would have been a lot shorter.

So, I think you need to help this little one, get out the qtips and paper towels and prepare for the little one to do the death roll a lot.

I hope this helps!
Tracy