Carlos Nieves Ónega wrote:
Hi Dan,

I'm glad you got it with such little help!

El mar, 25-04-2006 a las 18:27 -0400, Dan McMahill escribió:
[snip great news about new functions]

Some of the unresolved issues that I'd like to figure out are:

- how can I let gschem know the name of the gsch2pcb project file?  I
have a PCB->run gsch2pcb menu choice, but right now it just runs
gsch2pcb with no arguments which just gives you help text.  Should this
go into a gafrc file in your project directory maybe?  If so, I should
probably have a way to change that name and have gschem write it back out.

- same comments about letting gschem know about the layout file name.

I'm not sure if all these variables should be in the gafrc file or in a
project configuration file... let others to comment on this.

Perhaps a project configuration file which is loaded by the pcb-mode scheme code. That way gschem doesn't directly need to know about it. Hmmm, I knew I was going to want a gschem-fileselect scheme function sooner or later...

- how to have gschem detect what gsch2pcb did and issue the appropriate
actions to pcb to load new elements, load the new netlist, update pin
names, etc.

- how to let gschem access the net aliasing and refdes aliasing scheme
commands from gnetlist and the gnetlist backends.  I don't think pcb
currently uses this, but many other backends should.

If we assume gnetlist is always installed with gschem, gschem could load
the gnetlist.scm which defines those functions and use them.

I'm inclined to agree with this. We may need to take a look through and split out some functions which are safe for both gschem and gnetlist use vs those which are not.

-Dan