I've noticed that if you mention the auto-router there's a deathly
silence here. Anyway, here goes...

I've noticed the following, which potential users of the auto-router
might like to be aware of:

1. The copper to copper clearance you get is half that specified in the
clearance parameter for the route style selected (unlike manually drawn
tracks).
2. All auto-routed tracks don't have the clearline flag set (so they
don't clear polygons), whether or not you have the flag set for new
lines clear polygons in the settings menu.
3. After auto routing, the select/unselect buttons in the net list
window don't work any more. You seem to have to exit pcb and restart for
them to work again.

Seems to me the first two could be called "features", whilst the last
looks like a bug (I'm using version 20060822, I don't think it did this
in an earlier version).

I'm not a fan of auto routers either, but for quick non-critical
prototypes of the sort our students often want to produce, partial auto
routing can save a bit of time.