On Mon, 2009-10-19 at 21:55 +0200, michalwd1979 wrote:

> Thank You Peter, it works!
> I know that this is very experimental branch, but let me suggest something.
> It would be nice if holes pads and vias would have "walls". Now it is
> sometimes confusing to find out which pad is which if board is viewed at low
> angle if You know what I mean.
> Please treat this suggestion as very low priority.

I think low angle rendering is poor due to the viewport and "camera"
setup. There is no front / back clipping, so you get everything - and
since it isn't anti-aliased, it becomes a real mess.

Hmm.. or if (not sure) the code I was playing with for perspective
viewing is what you fetched.. there might be "some" clipping.. not sure.

IIRC, the vias and pins _should_ have walls in the
"local_customisation_no_pours" branch, but I can't be 100% sure what
state the code was in when I last pushed.

The wall rendering is translucent - so you might not notice it.

Look at src/hid/gtk/gui-output-events.c

Round about line 1329, there is a block which draws the walls:

    if (i > 0) {
      cyl_info.from_layer = drawn_groups[i];
      cyl_info.to_layer = drawn_groups[i - 1];
      cyl_info.scale = gport->zoom;
//      gui->set_color (Output.fgGC, PCB->MaskColor);
      gui->set_color (Output.fgGC, "drill");
      ghid_global_alpha_mult (Output.fgGC, 0.75);
      if (PCB->PinOn) r_search (PCB->Data->pin_tree, drawn_area, NULL,
hole_cyl_callback, &cyl_info);
      if (PCB->ViaOn) r_search (PCB->Data->via_tree, drawn_area, NULL,
hole_cyl_callback, &cyl_info);
      ghid_global_alpha_mult (Output.fgGC, 1.0);
    }

See the
      ghid_global_alpha_mult (Output.fgGC, 0.75);

You could change the 0.75 to 1.0 if you want solid walls.

Best wishes,

Peter C.