Hello Vladimir
> With rev. 1605 you can use this function to get the coordinates:
>
> metadata_read_GPS_coord(fd, "Xmp.exif.GPSLatitude", <fallback value>)
> metadata_read_GPS_coord(fd, "Xmp.exif.GPSLongitude", <fallback value>)
>
> (with Exiv2 0.17 and newer it works for both Xmp and Exif metadata. I will add
> some workaround for older Exiv2 later)

Thanks for that.

Perhaps you can help with a problem I have getting multiple file
selection to work properly. If I have selected several files and then
use control/mouse-click to deselect one file, no event (that bar_gps.c
sees) gets triggered. Did I miss something?

By the way, do you use a text formatter or do you just do everything by
hand? The closest I get to  the geeqie standard is the Whitesmith style
using astyle, which isn't quite right. Just out of interest.

Colin Clark..