Hi,

I have a use case where geeqie's checking for
write permissions on a directory is unnecessary and annoying.

My photos are stored in a separate account from regular users
(my wife and myself) so that they are mode 644 and therefore read-only
to us.  (This is a semi-paranoia choice to prevent accidental
deletions).  I've set up some editors in geeqie to resize photos and
dump them into another directory, ready for emailing or whatever, but
geeqie complains "This operation can't continue: destination directory
is not writable".  As far as I'm concerned this really is unnecessary,
because editors such as mine won't always write back to the same
directory.  Similarly, when opening a photo in the GIMP, if you try to
save and discover that the directory is not writable, you would fix
the problem yourself.

I've had a look through the code myself to make a patch and couldn't
make head nor tail of it, except to note that geeqie also checks for
unwritable files. This would cause the same problem.

Jared