On Mon, 30 Jul 2012 18:45:04 +0200, Vladimir Nadvornik wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I went through the mailinglist and bugtracker and added the "easy" fixes
> to master. If you think that anything important is missing, please tell
> so.
>
> For release plan, I'd propose this:
>
> 1. release the current master as Geeqie 1.1 2. migrate to gtk3, drop the
> compatibility stuff 3. release Geeqie 2.0 4. add new features, release
> often as Geeqie 2.x
>
> Vladimir

> Live Security Virtual Conference Exclusive live event will cover all the
> ways today's security and threat landscape has changed and how IT
> managers can respond. Discussions will include endpoint security, mobile
> security and the latest in malware threats.
> http://www.accelacomm.com/jaw/sfrnl04242012/114/50122263/

For my money as an enthusiastic user I would much prefer to see a release
as soon as possible that includes the bug fixes and current set of new
features, call this say 1.1.  The transition to GTK3 looks to be a pretty
big change and is likely to take some time so I would suggest calling that
2.0 and taking as long as necessary to get it done right.

Personally I see no benefit in doing a 1.0.x bug fix release followed
quickly by 1.1 new feature release

Looking forward to finally seeing the the new stuff that you have been
working on :-)

Stair