On 02/07/12 10:47, Benjah @ 01xy.fr wrote:
hello,

++thanks for your replies, i finally managed to compile pdgst
In fact at the first trial, I missed the 2 makefile in src and src/gem
directory and I stayed sticked on the makefile in the pdsg dir, which
appeared blur to me so I tried the punk method to compile, copying pd
source files in the src directory.

you should never ever do something like that!

Then I discovered the 2 other
makefile, deleted deleted pd source files but forgot to delete this
"s_main.c" ...

but now when I try the examples, a few problems :

 > pdgst-test.pd
  videotestsrc
... couldn't create
  glimagesink
... couldn't create
pdgst $Revision: 0.0 $
     (copyleft) IOhannes m zmoelnig @ IEM / KUG
     compiled on Feb  7 2012 at 01:51:23
     compiled against Pd version 0.42.5.extended
  audio/x-raw-float channels=10
... couldn't create

 > pix2gst.pd
pdgst
... couldn't create
  typefind
... couldn't create
  ffmpegcolorspace
... couldn't create
error: GEM: Someone sent a bogus pointer to copy2Image
/usr/lib/pd-extended/extra/Gem/pix_pix2gst.pd_linux:
/usr/lib/pd-extended/extra/Gem/pix_pix2gst.pd_linux: undefined symbol:
s_pdgst__gst
  pix_pix2gst yuv 128 64
... couldn't create
  aasink
... couldn't create

I added before the object to /usr/lib/pd-extended/extra/Gem and the path
to Pd
did i missed an elephant ?

might be.
it seems like gstreamer isn't fully initialized, but in this case you should get an error message when loading pdgst.

are you sure, your pdgst sources are as they should be?

and i assume, that gstreamer is properly installed, so you can run a pipeline from the cmdline, like:
$ gst-launch videotestsrc ! aasink