On Tue, 15 Jan 2013, Ali Saidi wrote:

On Jan. 8, 2013, 6:29 a.m., Ali Saidi wrote:
Hi Nilay,

Thanks for resurrecting this. In principle I have no issues, I just would like
to make sure that the moved code includes all the latest fixes to the branch
predictor that numerous people have contributed to. If so and you get no stats
differences please commit.

Thanks,
Ali

I'm still not sure why stats changes should occur. There may be some differences, but since a lot more effort has been put in verifying the o3 cpu branch predictor by people like Nathanael, it would be good to keep that one around and make it work with the in-order cpu or add the methods as appropriate.

The stats would changes only for the inorder-cpu. For the o3 cpu, they would remain the same.

--
Nilay