Hi Joel,

On 19/06/2015 16:16, Joel Hestness wrote:
Unsolicited hint: this looks like it could be a bug in x264 or libraries
(depending on which version of Linux you've booted). ld-2.6.1 is 7 years
old, and may only work with older versions of Linux (e.g. 2.6.28.4). If
you're booting a newer Linux kernel, you might be running into
kernel<>library version issues. Have you tried running a simpler
application on checkpoint restore (e.g. hello in
gem5/tests/test-progs/hello/src/)?

I haven't tried that, but I will. However, if I continue executing beyond the checkpoint then simulation proceeds normally - this seg fault only appears after a checkpoint restore.

Cheers
Tim

--
Timothy M. Jones