Hmm, I'm not sure that's possible.  As far as I know, gem5 only supports
parameter configuration of SimObjects in simulation scripts.  You might be
able to create a SimObject that has a lambda expression as a parameter,
where the lambda expression specifies a custom instruction's behavior, but
I don't know if gem5 supports that.