Yes,

This is why I usually run using tests/gem5 as root directory

./tests/main.py [...] \
    tests/gem5 <- root directory

Testlib is basically trying to load every python file it finds on its walk.
We should definitely add python unit tests to our presubmit runs IMHO. The
simplest way is via unittest Test Discovery [1]

Kind Regards

Giacomo

[1]: https://docs.python.org/3/library/unittest.html#unittest-test-discovery

medium. Thank you.