Hi Gabe,

I have more details about this. In this use case, SST initialized the
Python environment before adding the "gem5 object". This gem5 object
will add more Python stuff from gem5 to the environment.

The function that does that is initPython()
https://gem5.googlesource.com/public/gem5/+/refs/heads/develop/ext/sst/gem5.cc#415

The following commands will pull the docker image for SST testing
purposes (note that host_gem5_root and guest_gem5_root must be
specified),

```
docker run -u $UID:$GID --volume "${host_gem5_root}":"${guest_gem5_root}" -w \
 "${guest_gem5_root}" --rm gcr.io/gem5-test/sst-env \
 bash -c "\
scons build/RISCV/libgem5_opt.so -j${nproc} --without-tcmalloc; \
cd ext/sst; \
make clean; make; \
sst --add-lib-path=./ sst/example.py;
```