Thanks, that was really helpful. I've fixed the compilation problems, and
then a few more that were hiding behind that, including a few ones that
were intrinsic to the way sst was initializing the gem5 library (with
dlopen). Was this working to begin with and all this breakage is new, or
was it just that the compilation broke and there were these other problems
already? I want to make sure I don't leave things in a worse state than
when I got here, but I also don't want to go chasing down things that
weren't working to begin with.

I'm going to upload what I have so far, and hopefully someone else can take
a look at it too. The current problem seems to be that the modules in _m5
aren't working right, either because they've been garbage collected, or
because they're not being set up properly, or...

Gabe