Hi guys,
  I am using swig 1.3.40, so per Nate's note in the last changeset, I don't
think that should be an issue.

@Steve: Thanks for the pointer to 'bisect'.  Also, in debugging this
problem, I ran into the same MC146818 checkpointing/drain bug from before.
 Previously, I had written a patch to fix the problem.  However, I just
talked to Brad about it, and he mentioned that you were thinking about
backing out that changeset (7559).  Based on what I see in the code, it's
unclear whether my patch does the right thing and I think the previous code
is certainly more correct.  I backed out that changeset locally, and it
fixed the MC146818 problem, so my recommendation would be to back out that
changeset in the repo.  If we're in agreement, should I submit that patch
for review?

So, back to the bug at hand: After a fair amount of testing, it looks like
the checkpoint restore problem was introduced somewhere between changeset
7674 and 7678.  (it would probably be another 30-40 minutes of testing for
me to identify exactly)

@Nate: I tried changing the module to 'internal', but it gave the same
error.  Is it just about getting the correct imports?

  Thanks,
  Joel