On Mon, Feb 7, 2011 at 9:15 AM, Beckmann, Brad <brad.beckm...@amd.com>wrote:

> However, one thing that will help me in the future is making sure that all
> of us have the capability to run all regress tests.  Many of us, including
> myself, don't have log in access to zizzer at Michigan, and thus it is very
> hard for me to reproduce the environment on zizzer, including external file
> dependencies.

One idea that could be worthwhile would be to set up some kind of
"regression server" on zizzer, that would allow people to run regressions
there without necessarily creating logins (sort of the way we do hg access
on m5sim.org... in fact it would be ideal to leverage that access control
since it's basically the same set of people we want to target).  I'm
thinking of something where you could push a set of patches to zizzer or
daystrom, then remotely kick off a job on zizzer that creates a new repo,
pushes those patches, and runs regressions.  This would be an interim
solution for regressions that use files we can't distribute, and even once
that issue is addressed it would still have some value in letting people
test with the OS/compiler/tool versions on zizzer so there aren't as many
surprises once code is committed and the official regressions run.

Steve