That is a normal thing. sim_second is a workload related parameter
while simulation execution on the host is related to your host, e.g
wall time.

Assume you are simulating single core at 2GHz frequency. As a result
simulating 1 second of your workload takes 2*10^9 cycles. If you write
a good code in gem5, it may takes 10 hours to complete and if you
write a bad code by putting sleep() it takes 20 hours to complete.

>>> (http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.m5.users/15517/focus=15526)
>>> that
>>> claims there is no significant impact of increasing latency because of
>>> optimizations implemented in the cache protocol in Classic Memory.
>>>
>>> Moreover I have changed "blk->whenReady" parameter aggresively and I
>>> have put some sleep() functions somewhere in cache structures again,
>>> but there is no effect on the execution time.
>>>
>>> How can I observe the performance overhead of my added codes? If you
>>> have any suggestions, please let me know.
>>>
>>> By the way, I am using gem5.opt and X86 with full system mode.
>>>
>>> Thanks for you time and help.
>>>
>>> Sanem.
>>>

>> --
>> Regards,