Steve Reinhardt via gem5-users <gem5-users <at> gem5.org> writes:

> Have you looked at the comments in src/sim/eventq.hh?
> Are you interested in parallel simulation or the default single-threaded case?
>
> Steve
>

> On Mon, Oct 13, 2014 at 3:29 AM, fela via gem5-users <gem5-users <at>
gem5.org> wrote:Hi everyone!
> I'm trying to understand the simulation core of gem5. Due to the lack of
> documentation, I post this question hoping to find a response.
> How events are managed in gem5? is there one clock for all the objects and
> one scheduler like in systemC? I read in the site that each object schedules
> its own events but global events exist in the source code! If so, how queues
> are synchronized?
> Can somebody clarify this point,
> thanks,
> Fela
> PhD candidate

Hi Steve!

I have already looked to src/sim/eventq.hh but I didn't understand how the
object order is determined in the parallel simulation case.
Can you please explain the processus on a small example:
when two objects have to send paquets to each other in parallel, how the
events are managed and how about the clocks?

Thanks,
Fela
PhD candidate