I"m not sure I understand your question.  Here's the (I believe) relevant
part of the comments:

 * Asynchronous events can also be scheduled using the normal
 * schedule() method with the 'global' parameter set to true. Unlike
 * the previous queue migration strategy, this strategy is fully
 * deterministic. This causes the event to be inserted in a separate
 * queue of asynchronous events (async_queue), which is merged main
 * event queue at the end of each simulation quantum (by calling the
 * handleAsyncInsertions() method). Note that this implies that such
 * events must happen at least one simulation quantum into the future,
 * otherwise they risk being scheduled in the past by
 * handleAsyncInsertions().