Andreas,

I think my question is still not clear.

I'm working on GEM5 to provide my company design team a tool that would
simulate their models. Our mainly working is interconnection model. I am
trying to model a given architecture with some router models.

By extrenal object I mean:

When I give this tool with the modeled architecture to the design team, the
goal is that they can just parametrize system objects without knowing how
the gem5 kernel works.

When they come with an object with a clock period less than the tick value I
have prefixed, should they modify this tick value to suite their object clocks?

Sorry for these questions, I am wondering if the concept of adapting it to
the system exists in gem5 because the user of the simulator can not always
be the developer of the simulated model.

Best,

Anny.