Hello Users,

I am using classic memory system with following DRAM controller parameters
write_buffer_size = 64
write_high_thresh_perc = 85
write_low_thresh_perc = 50
min_writes_per_switch =18

According to write draining algorithm, the bus has to turn around to writes
when the
writeQueue.size() > writeHighThreshold. However when i run some memory
intensive benchmarks, i get a high number of Write retry requests because
the write queue is full, as reported in the gem5 statistics.
 # Number of times write queue was full causing retry
system.mem_ctrls.numWrRetry                    183731

I am not sure how this could happen, as the DRAM controller drain writes in
a batch whenever the write queue size grows beyond the high threshold,
which is only 85% of Write Buffer Size. Is this expected?

Thanks,
Prathap