Hi Prathap,

Your write are probably arriving faster than the controller can actually send
them to the DRAM. What is it you’re running?

Andreas

From: gem5-users
<gem5-users-boun...@gem5.org<mailto:gem5-users-boun...@gem5.org>> on behalf of
Prathap Kolakkampadath <kvprat...@gmail.com<mailto:kvprat...@gmail.com>>
Date: Tuesday, 14 July 2015 17:27
Subject: [gem5-users] Question on retry requests due to write queue full.

Hello Users,

I am using classic memory system with following DRAM controller parameters
write_buffer_size = 64
write_high_thresh_perc = 85
write_low_thresh_perc = 50
min_writes_per_switch =18

According to write draining algorithm, the bus has to turn around to writes
when the
writeQueue.size() > writeHighThreshold. However when i run some memory
intensive benchmarks, i get a high number of Write retry requests because the
write queue is full, as reported in the gem5 statistics.
 # Number of times write queue was full causing retry
system.mem_ctrls.numWrRetry                    183731

I am not sure how this could happen, as the DRAM controller drain writes in a
batch whenever the write queue size grows beyond the high threshold, which is
only 85% of Write Buffer Size. Is this expected?

Thanks,
Prathap

-- IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are
medium. Thank you.

ARM Limited, Registered office 110 Fulbourn Road, Cambridge CB1 9NJ, Registered
in England & Wales, Company No: 2557590
ARM Holdings plc, Registered office 110 Fulbourn Road, Cambridge CB1 9NJ,
Registered in England & Wales, Company No: 2548782