Hi Vaidya.

You have to mount the disk image that you are using for FS simulation with the compiled binaries that you want to add. After that, you can run your simulation and run the binaries either in interactive mode or with the --script argument when you launch the simulation (the same way you point to a disk image or a kernel). I recommend that you download both the kernel and the disk image from this https://www.gem5.org/documentation/general_docs/gem5_resources/ <https://www.gem5.org/documentation/general_docs/gem5_resources/> link. Get the "parsec" disk image and the corresponding kernel for it.

Un saludo,
Miguel Antonio Avargues Gutiérrez.

El 28/02/2021 a las 18:24, VAIDYA ROHINI VILAS via gem5-users escribió:
Hello,
I want to run my own binary file in FS mode hoe to do that..Please help me i stuck at this point from a month..I just want to add binary file to work it in FS mode.

Get Outlook for Android <https://aka.ms/ghei36>
*From:* Hoa Nguyen via gem5-users <gem5-users@gem5.org>
*Sent:* Sunday, February 28, 2021 7:40:24 AM
*To:* mia...@inf.upv.es <mia...@inf.upv.es>; gem5 users mailing list <gem5-users@gem5.org>
*Cc:* Hoa Nguyen <hoangu...@ucdavis.edu>
*Subject:* [gem5-users] Re: Disk image for FS
Hi Miguel,

For X86 full system simulation, specifically for creating custom disk
image that runs with newer Linux kernels, I believe gem5-resources has
the resources for that. More details can be found here,
- General introduction and artifacts:
https://www.gem5.org/documentation/general_docs/gem5_resources/ <https://www.gem5.org/documentation/general_docs/gem5_resources/> [1] - Source code: https://gem5.googlesource.com/public/gem5-resources <https://gem5.googlesource.com/public/gem5-resources> [2]
- Detailed instructions:
https://gem5art.readthedocs.io/en/latest/tutorials/boot-tutorial.html#creating-a-disk-image <https://gem5art.readthedocs.io/en/latest/tutorials/boot-tutorial.html#creating-a-disk-image> [3] and https://gem5art.readthedocs.io/en/latest/tutorials/npb-tutorial.html#creating-a-disk-image <https://gem5art.readthedocs.io/en/latest/tutorials/npb-tutorial.html#creating-a-disk-image>
[4]

- From link [1], you can find built disk images, which could be
manipulated to suite an experiment.
- From link [2], you can find examples of building disk images for
some benchmarks such as npb, parsec, gapbs and spec.
- Link [3] and link [4] offer some explanation of what happens when
the disk images are built. The same website
(https://gem5art.readthedocs.io/en/latest/ <https://gem5art.readthedocs.io/en/latest/>) also has tutorials for
other benchmarks and there are outdated links to GitHub (which were
moved to [2]). We are working on updating the website.

Regarding compiling util/m5, the new command to compile it is
```
scons build/x86/out/m5
```
where "x86" could be replaced by other ISA.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
Hoa Nguyen