Hi all,

I'm using gem5 to run a multithreaded & multicore application compiled for ARM
(aarch64).
My application under test is also dynamically compiled. I provide the
--interpr-dir and --redirects flags to se.py so it can find the interpreter and
libraries.
I'm able to successfully run a simple/toy multithreaded application with this
setup.

However, when I move on to a more complex application (dependent on more
libraries, etc) I'm facing the following error:

warn: ignoring syscall mprotect(...)
warn: ignoring syscall set_robust_list(...)
warn: ignoring syscall rt_sigaction(...)
warn: ignoring syscall rt_sigaction(...)
warn: ignoring syscall rt_sigprocmask(...)
      (further warnings will be suppressed)
warn: ignoring syscall get_mempolicy(...)
warn: ignoring syscall sched_getaffinity(...)
warn: fcntl64(3, 3) passed through to host
sysconf(NPROCESSORS_CONF) failed: No such file or directory
warn: fcntl64(3, 3) passed through to host
request to allocate mask for invalid number: Invalid argument
Exiting @ tick 395657918000 because exiting with last active thread context
Simulated exit code not 0! Exit code is 1

Observations:
  * I modified src/arch/arm/linux/process.cc to set "get_mempolicy" syscall as
ignoreFunc. I was having an 'unimplemented' error prior to that, and I thought
it was safe to do it because that's what is done in  the counterpart x86 file
src/arch/x86/linux/process.cc
  * I also modified the said code to be as simple as a
     std::cout << "hello" << std::endl;
  in the main function, and removed all remaining source code (but kept the
linked libraries when compiling). The error persists.
 I hence believe it has something to do with loading the libraries or
environment preparation on gem5.

There are previous threads about it but they are 3 years and were not very
helpful for my case.

Any suggestions?
Thank you very much!

Cheers,