Hi,

I've tried running the SPEC2017 benchmarks in FS mode of gem5 using the
instructions/files provided by the gem5 resources page.

https://gem5.googlesource.com/public/gem5-resources/+/refs/heads/stable/src/spec-2017

I've also followed the step by step instructions in the git repo for
gem5-art.

https://github.com/darchr/gem5art-experiments/blob/master/README.md

Everything works as intended until the benchmarks are supposed to be built.
All of them fail with one of the two following errors:

1) Error with make!
2) Error with fdo_make_pass1!

First of all, why is this happening? Secondly, the vm closes after the
builds fail. I don't have the opportunity to check the make.out files that
have more information about the errors. Is there a way to prevent the
connection from closing or reopening it again? Running it again with packer
fails due to the directory existing already.

I'd appreciate any help,
Victor