Hello gem5 users,

I was having some trouble trying to restore a simulation from a checkpoint when
using a stdlib switchable processor (SimpleSwitchableProcessor).

When I would attempt to run a simulation like this the simulation would freeze
up and not restore the checkpoint at all.

I was wondering whether this functionality had been implemented yet or whether
there was another way to achieve this using by adding to one of the processor
or configuration scripts.

The only difference I could find between SwitchableProcessor and
SimpleProcessor (which restored checkpoints fine) was that the former inherits
directly from AbstractProcessor and the latter inherits from BaseCPUProcessor
so I thought some functionality may have been added to BaseCPUProcessor which
wasn’t available in AbstractProcessor alone.

Thank you for any help! 😊

Kind Regards,
Abdal