Hello everyone,

I am trying to load a kernel module (https://github.com/misc0110/PTEditor#install-kernel-part-from-source) into the running Linux kernel while executing my code. My goal is to get PTEditor working inside the full system simulation.
Now I have a few questions:
1. Is it possible to load the kernel module during runtime via system(...) in the C code?
2. If it is possible, how can I achieve it?

I've tried to load it with a "system('insmod /localpath/to/module.ko')", but this isn't working. My next idea would be, to integrate the module into the building process of gem5 in order to get access during the simulation.

Thank you in advance.