Hello all,

I am trying to add a src_cpuId data member to the MemoryMsg structure in
Ruby to help in tracking memory requests from cpu to MemCtrl.
MemoryMsg is defined in src/mem/ruby/protocol/RubySlicc_MemControl.sm. I
have added the parameter to the structure definition. code snippet below:

  int Len,                      desc="size of the memory/dma request";
//<-- original code
  int src_cpuId, default=-1,     desc="the id of the cpu core that
originated the request"; //jpangia
  // Not all fields used by all protocols: //<-- original code
  PrefetchBit Prefetch,         desc="Is this a prefetch request"; //<--
original code

For ease of bookkeeping, I'd like to make the default value be -1 for
src_cpuId so that requests that didn't originate from a cpu have a
src_cpuId of -1. But if I try to set default=-1, then I get the error:
"Syntax error at [gem5 root
directory]/src/mem/ruby/protocol/RubySlicc_MemControl.sm:83:3570"

However, non-negative integers compile fine.

Is there a way to set a default value of -1 to a SLICC structure data
member, or will I have to just use int_max, or another large value for the
code for "no source cpu"?

Thank you,
-James Pangia