Gray, Eric wrote:

First, while I have to agree the three references listed as Informative
are what I would imagine most people could agree to be just that, it is
probable that IANA cannot create the registries indicated until these
references are published, and possible that IANA will not want this to
be published until they can create the corresponding registries.  This
means that these references are essentially Normative in their effect
on publication of this draft.

Is IANA going to be willing to allow publication of this document as a
BCP without first creating the registries?  Can IANA create a registry
with references to WIP?

Indeed you have uncovered a couple of bugs here, Thanks Eric.

I went to check up on these three references. The [BERRY] reference is for a draft that was actually approved by the IESG back in Jan, but seems to have popped out of the RFC Editor's queue shortly after. I had not noticed and am following up.

The [ARBERG] reference was just approved days ago, I assume it is advancing normally. Michelle (IANA) specifically acknowledged the IANA considerations section (which provides a cross-reference to the iana document) when this happened last week.

With respect to the [CARREL] reference (PADN and PADM), no one has asked me to publish this, and I am not aware of its advancement. The values are FCFS, so technically a draft is not needed, but it would be good to know if anyone is going to advance this or not. Perhaps it should not be in the initial list? Authors, do we know if this is implemented and in use?

Thanks,

- Mark