I have been selected as the General Area Review Team (Gen-ART)
reviewer for this draft (for background on Gen-ART, please see
http://www.alvestrand.no/ietf/gen/art/gen-art-FAQ.html).

you may receive.

Document:
draft-hautakorpi-sipping-uri-list-handling-refused-03.txt
Reviewer:               Eric Gray
Review Date:    4/29/2008
IETF LC End Date:       4/29/2008

           either Informational or Proposed Standard (depending on
           the answer to one of my 2 questions)

Comments: I have 2 questions:

1) Why is this intended to be published as an Informational RFC?

   This does not report message formats, code point assignments,
   protocol (extended) behaviors defined elsewhere - it defines
   them here.  The very first sentence in the abstract starts -
   "This document specifies the ..." Hence it seems to me that
   this document is a specification and should probably be a PS
   RFC.

2) What is the deployment scenario envisioned that has a security
   exposure to Eavesdropping and/or Disclosure that does not have
   similar exposures to other forms of attack (e.g. - MitM)?

   The security considerations section says "attackers are not
   supposed to have access to the protocol messages between those
   [trusted] elements [that would handle message containing the
   P-Refused-URI-List P-Header]."  Presumably an attacker would
   need to have such access if it was in a position to eavesdrop
   on the contents of a 403 (Forbidden) response.

Otherwise, the draft is in very good shape.