Hi,

Thanks for the review. Below are my responses. Hopefully my co-authors
will agree.

On Mon, Nov 25, 2013 at 9:25 AM, Francis Dupont
<francis.dup...@fdupont.fr> wrote:
> I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on
> Gen-ART, please see the FAQ at
>
> <http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.
>
> Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments
> you may receive.
>
> Document: draft-ietf-trill-oam-framework-03.txt
> Reviewer: Francis Dupont
> Review Date: 20131120
> IETF LC End Date: 20131126
> IESG Telechat date: unknown

> Major issues: None
>
> Minor issues: None
>
> Nits/editorial comments:
>  - ToC page 3 and 9 page 30: Acknowledgements -> Acknowledgments

OK.

>  - 1.1 page 5 (ECMP): Pathing -> Path

OK.

>  - 2.1 page 6 and many other places: e.g. -> e.g.,
>   (and i.e. -> i.e., too... First at 2.4 page 12)

Actually, I don't think the RFC Editor likes Latin acronyms so it
might be better to replace "e.g." with "for example" as well as adding
a common after it and either replace "i.e." with "such as" or just
drop it. I think all the cases where "i.e." occurs immediately after
an open parenthesis can just be dropped...

>  - 2.6 page 12: ask the RFC Editor to manage to get the title not
>   at the very end of the page

Yeah...

>  - 6.1.5 and 6.1.6 page 26: in group item titles you put "/" and ","
>   separators, for instance:
>    - VLAN / Fine grain label / Flow parameters
>   and
>    - Target RBridge Nickname (unicast), Tree Identifier (Multicast) and
>    IP multicast group
>   Is there a good reason? And BTW the IP multicast group is for the
>   multicast case. Note my comment is only about the wording: the spec
>   is very easy to understand.

I don't think there is any special reason. Probably "VLAN / Fine grain
label / Flow parameters" should be replaced with "VLAN, Fine grain
label, and Flow parameters".

>  - 6.1.7 page 27 (and 6.1.8 page 28): in Repeat Count
>   "For proactive monitoring this may be set to allow for infinite
>    monitoring."
>   what is the recommended value to set the counter (or with other words
>   how is encoded the infinite)?

This is an informational high level framework document. I believe that
specific encoding issues are to be addressed in the standards track
protocol documents such as draft-ietf-trill-oam-loss-delay in this
case.

>  - 10.2 page 31 (TRILL-BFD): Interconnetion -> Interconnection
>   (Note the spelling error is in the referenced I-D itself but
>    it has at least one common author)

:-) we can fix that here. Hopefully the RFC Editor will fix it in the
referenced ID. I'll send them a message. I believe they have a
facility for buffering editorial comments on drafts in the RFC
Editor's queue until they get to editing them.

> Regards
> francis.dup...@fdupont.fr
>
> PS: my spell checker insists about congruency (the correct term is
> congruence) and IMHO it is right...

OK.

Thanks,
Donald