Jari, Meral,

Eric had changed of email address.
I have forwarded him the review when it came out.
He took note but said he would submit the updated draft few weeks after due to the pre-IETF submission cut-off.
I guess it should come out soon.

However, I am not sure about the change, but I'll let Eric comment on this also.

The draft defines ranges:
0x01-0x3f: Generic/PIM Range
0x41-0x7f: mLDP Range
0x80-0xff: reserved

The fact that 0x41 and 0x42 are reserved is not a reason to shrink the range. The assigned code points are such that the low order six bits are the same in the two ranges so for consistency reason it make sense to have ranges of equal length. In fact the draft says:
   In general, whenever an assignment is requested from this registry,
   two codepoints should be requested at the same time: one from the
   Generic/PIM range and one from the mLDP range.  The two codepoints
   should have the same low-order 5 bits.  If one of the two codepoints
   is not actually needed, it should be registered anyway, and marked as
   "reserved".
And the draft for example assigns 0x01 to Intra-AS I-PMSI A-D route. So, 0x41 is also assigned to "Reserved" and so should be part of the mLDP Range.

By the way, Eric, I have spotted two typos.
You say
   In general, whenever an assignment is requested from this registry,
   two codepoints should be requested at the same time: one from the
   Generic/PIM range and one from the mLDP range.  The two codepoints
   should have the same low-order 5 bits.  If one of the two codepoints
   is not actually needed, it should be registered anyway, and marked as
   "reserved".
And
   IANA has been requested to allocate codepoints for these
   three route types such that (a) the high order two bits have the
   value 0x01, and (b) the low order bit six bits have the same value as
   the codepoints for the corresponding route types from [MVPN-BGP].

First paragraph talks about same low-order 5 bits while the latter one about 6 bits, and on top of that there is and extra "bit" in the sentence.

-m