From: Brian E Carpenter [mailto:brian.e.carpen...@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, June 12, 2015 7:37 PM
To: draft-ietf-karp-isis-analysis....@ietf.org; General Area Review Team
Subject: Gen-ART Last Call review of draft-ietf-karp-isis-analysis-04

I am the assigned Gen-ART reviewer for this draft. For background on Gen-ART,
please see the FAQ at <http://wiki.tools.ietf.org/area/gen/trac/wiki/GenArtfaq>.

Please resolve these comments along with any other Last Call comments you may
receive.

Document: draft-ietf-karp-isis-analysis-04.txt
Reviewer: Brian Carpenter
Review Date: 2015-06-13
IETF LC End Date: 2015-07-03
IESG Telechat date:

--------

Minor Issue:
------------

> 3.2.  Key Management Protocols

I don't like the references to expired drafts. These drafts almost have the
flavour of normative references, since apparently they described recommended
mitigation techniques. If they matter, they should be properly available.
draft-weis-gdoi-mac-tek-03
draft-yeung-g-ikev2-08
draft-hartman-karp-mrkmp-05

[Uma]:  Sure. But to give a bit context quickly -

KARP WG started working on group keying protocol based on IKEv2 when I used
these references. But, later scope is changed and this aspect didn't go forward
as expected.
So I would remove the references to draft-yeung-g-ikev2-08 and
draft-hartman-karp-mrkmp-05.  However, though expired, I would like to keep the
reference for
 draft-weis-gdoi-mac-tek-03 and  associated RFC 6407, so in future it can
present a good reference to GDOI in this context.  Hope this is acceptable else
I shall remove this too.
Thank you.