On 6/23/17 10:53 AM, Elwyn Davies wrote:

2. If a message of a kind that can legitimately have a Content-ID arrives with a Content-ID (or indeed any Content-*) header but no message-body, presumably one would send a 400 error with a suitable reason phrase. I think it would be worth being explicit about this.

I don't see any reason for this. It is a degenerate case, but harmless.

The reason for including Content-ID is to allow use of cid: URLs. Presumably a cid: url referencing a Content-ID where there is no body would be problematic, though perhaps there may again be some degenerate case where it could make sense.

        Thanks,
        Paul