On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 14:21, Sarah Stierch <sa...@sarahstierch.com> wrote:
> Hi. I actually brought up the issues with the references. While the second
> article about the car is not self-published, it does not state in the
> article that Danese is related to the owner of the vehicle or is named
> after. While she leaves a comment thanking them for the information about
> the Nardi-Danese Alfa Romeo Roadster, it is not cited in the article. The
> latter part I'd consider self-published (her post). Perhaps I'm wrong.

Sarah, just to let you know that self-published material is allowed as
a source in the Wikipedia article about the author of the
self-published material (and in some other circumstances too, if the
source is an expert).

In this case, if Danese has written about the car on her personal
website, that can be used as a source in the article about her. The
limits of this are, among others, (a) there should be no reasonable
doubt that she's the author; (b) the material should not be unduly
self-serving (doesn't apply here); and (c) it should not involve
discussion of third parties, especially living people -- but
discussing her father in this case would be fine.

The policy on that is here for future reference --
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:SELFPUB#Self-published_and_questionable_sources_as_sources_on_themselves

Hope this helps,

Sarah
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User:SlimVirgin