On 7/2/2011 12:34 PM, Casey Brown wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 2, 2011 at 10:52 AM,<carolmoor...@verizon.net>  wrote:
>> I had a bit of trouble figuring out what the targets and strategy for
>> increasing participation are, however.
> The part you just pasted linked to
> <http://strategy.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Movement_Strategic_Plan_Summary/Summary>,
> which gives these as the 2015 targets:
>
> * Increase the total number of people served to 1 billion
> * Increase the number of Wikipedia articles we offer to 50 million
> * Ensure information is high quality by increasing the percentage of
> material reviewed to be of high or very high quality by 25 percent
> * Encourage readers to become contributors by increasing the number of
> total editors per month who made>5 edits to 200,000
> * Support healthy diversity in the editing community by doubling the
> percentage of female editors to 25 percent and increase the percentage
> of Global South editors to 37 percent
>
> Did you already see that? If you didn't see that, then I think those
> are the targets and the last seems to be related to this list.
Thanks. I must have clicked on strategy again instead of targets by
mistake.  25% would be a good start. I dislike phrase Global South since
needs too much explanation. But "the 2/3 (or whatever percent) of the
human population which lives in the economically developing world" is a
bit of a mouthful. It also helps to remind people that wikimedias exist
in dozens of languages, but how to add that to one short phrase, I know not!