I think this is a great idea.  Since research has shone that women's
biographies are proportionately underrepresented on Wikipedia, lists
of women in particular areas are a useful tool for people interested
in writing biographies of women to fill in the gaps.  It's also a
great place to start for new editors (and we all want new editors!).

Someday these lists won't be necessary, I hope.  But until then they
are useful and fun as well.

-VAL