On Mon, Feb 13, 2012 at 1:05 AM, John Vandenberg <jay...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've made an attempt at doing this by using a PD Australian book that
> included female bios.
> Of the 21 female bios I could find, 10 didnt appear to have have a WP bio.
> ;-(
>

> https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Index_talk:Johns%27s_notable_Australians_1908.djvu
>
> I see two women at
>
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:WikiProject_Missing_encyclopedia_articles/DNB,_people_prominent_in_ODNB
> and many more in the pages at
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Template:DNBFooter
>
> The full text of DNB is available on Wikisource:
> https://en.wikisource.org/wiki/Wikisource:WikiProject_DNB/Djvu_files

Maybe we could try to do something like Stuartyeates has been doing for
Kiwis in general specifically targeting women? :)  I've asked him if he
could possibly use it to semi-automatically allow me to create articles
about players in the WNBL (automatically notable) who do not yet have
articles.  His program involves having a database, firefox and grease
monkey attachment he's made.  I believe a few of the stubs he's made this
way have been taken to DYK.  Details of what he's doing can be found at
http://outreach.wikimedia.org/wiki/GLAM/Newsletter/February_2012/Contents/Australia_and_New_Zealand_report#Dictionary_of_New_Zealand_Biography,
http://outreach.wikimedia.org/wiki/GLAM/Newsletter/January_2012/Contents/Australia_and_New_Zealand_report#New_Zealand.

--
twitter: purplepopple