That is interesting! Of course according to the latest stats, chances
are 87% that any Wikipedian on the English Wikipedia is male (and we
just found out this month that in the Dutch Wikipedia, 94% are male).
It would be definitely interesting to fund some research on this
specific issue (how people react in AfD discussions to
girlish-named-Wikipedians based on female gender assumptions). This
week similar research was published on the use of the Wikipedia
"Ignore all rules" policy in AfD's:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Wikipedia_Signpost/2013-03-25/Recent_research