On 12/30/2014 11:17 AM, LB wrote:
I think there is very little that Carol and I would agree on when it comes to subjects and article topics, and we definitely have different editing styles, but I absolutely agree with her on one thing, and that is the hostility on Wikipedia is a turn-off to a lot of women and men. I would much rather be editing articles most of the time, and the only reason that I got into civility policy and related issues is because of what I've experienced and observed.
Also, as I've noted, I came from 15 years in a highly combative email discussion arena dominated by guys. LB might have been in more supportive or collaborative email environments.

But despite these differences we both had much higher expectations of Wikipedia given it's principles of collaboration and NPOV and Civility, all of which were shown to be unevenly and unfairly applied by partisan and cliquish editors.