I spoke with my friend from WATA and he said that they are open to any idea providing that their webmaster accepts it. So he suggested that Arabeyes makes a few advertising propositions to choose one of them and post it on their site. A banner could be one of them or a sort of blinking link (as the blinking image on their site) saying something like "ØÙØÙÙ ØÙØØÙØÙ". Of course they would much appreciate it if the adds are in Arabic. I am sure that any commitment from their part will be very solid. They are people of genuine good faith. I will convey to them any proposition from Arabeyes and they will choose what suites them best.
Salaam, Yasser On Tue, 2004-03-02 at 01:41, Nadim Shaikli wrote: > --- Yasser Chaddad <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote: > > I recently discussed this issue with a member of the WORLD ARABIC > > TRANSLATORS ASSOCIATION (WATA): > > > > http://www.arabicwata.org/Arabic/index.html. > > > > Some members are willing to volunteer in translation work and they > > already did for other purposes. However, I do not know any of them > > who uses Linux (yet). They offered to post on their website (still > > in trial phase) a few words in Arabic about joining Arabeyes, with > > the necessary links. A volunteering banner that links to Arabeyes > > could be possible. Any ideas? > > We are open to all of the above ideas. If people aren't familiar with > Linux but are adamant about helping (as they should be :-), then that > is fine as well - I'm sure we can work something out and get them going. > > The point is to get a firm commitment from them and a genuine good-faith > effort and we'll see what we can do on our end to bridge the gap. > > > I am not quite sure yet that they will defenitely accept a banner. > > I am still waiting to know from them how would they like to post > > this on their site. As soon as I get a reply, I will let you know. > > Let us know what they say or decide for us to know what to do next. > You should also encourage as many of them as possible to join the > 'doc' mailing-list as they would be of immediate help there. > > Thanks Yasser and keep us posted. > > Salam. > > - Nadim > > > __________________________________ > Do you Yahoo!? > Get better spam protection with Yahoo! Mail. > http://antispam.yahoo.com/tools > _______________________________________________ > General mailing list > [EMAIL PROTECTED] > http://lists.arabeyes.org/mailman/listinfo/general _______________________________________________ General mailing list [EMAIL PROTECTED] http://lists.arabeyes.org/mailman/listinfo/general

