On Tue, 6 Feb 2018 at 12:40, Henk P. Penning <penn...@uu.nl> wrote:

> On Tue, 6 Feb 2018, jan iversen wrote:
>
> > Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2018 12:01:10 +0100
> > From: jan iversen <jancasacon...@gmail.com>
> > To: general@attic.apache.org
> > Subject: project ACE.
>
> Hi Jan,
>
> > Project ACE is now finally retired
>
> > Sorry for the delay, but I am actually in bed with a severe cold (that
> > comes from living in southern Spain).
>
>    Please take a look (if you can :-) at
>
>      https://checker.apache.org/

llooks quite good, and is an excellent helper to check if something is
forgotten.

> <https://checker.apache.org/>
>
>    I've added some attic related info :
>
>    1. Under "other projects" : a RedStar flags an attic'ed project.

that is usefull

>       [ I think it looks a bit messy ; too much old stuff in /dist/ ;
>         Shouldn't we remove /dist/atticked_project/ after
>         some suitable interval ; 1, 2, 3 or 5 years ?
>       ]

I would opt for 5 years, but I would really like to hear other opinions.

>    2. under "attic'ed projects" : a RedStar flags a project
>       with more than 1 file.

I do not understand what more than 1 file means,

>       -- 'ace' will become "unstarred" once INFRA-15994 is done
>       -- 'deltacloud' is todo,

right ?

it is now :-) I will check that later

>       -- for project 'xml' I'll file a jira like :
>          https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-15994

yes please

> <https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-15994>
>
> > jan I.
>
>    Groeten,
>
>    Henk Penning
>
>    PS To get the "attic'ed" project list, I parse
>
>      svn ls https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/attic/site/docs/projects
>
>    stripping '.html', and ignoring entries with a '-' ;
>    is there a better way ?

I normally use the xdocs directory that is xml and easier to parse.

thanks for your help
rgds
jan i