On 22 April 2018 at 11:12, Henk P. Penning <penn...@uu.nl> wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Apr 2018, Jan Iversen wrote:
>
>> Date: Sun, 22 Apr 2018 11:57:33 +0200
>> From: Jan Iversen <jancasacon...@gmail.com>
>> To: general@attic.apache.org
>> Subject: Re: Discussion on proposed solutions for simplified maintenance.
>

>>> On 22 Apr 2018, at 11:33, sebb <seb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>>> For proper comparison I think we need to see the whole solution.
>>> This will obviously have to be done so that it does not impact the live
>>> site.
>>
>> I believe the sample I have made with test.html and generation of all
>> project files are sufficient. No need to waste more time on that. Time
>> saving is important to me, and it does not make sense to waste
>> resources on making two complete solutions just to scrap one of them.
>

>   Right ; I think Jan's stuff is ok ; basicly it doesn't have
>   to be more complicated than that. It is a good starting
>   point for further development.

It does not (yet) handle all the existing information on Attic website.
Nor does it yet keep the URLs unchanged.

I think think it would be wrong to replace the existing site until
that has been addressed.
Which is why I think there should be a PoC that can be tested.

I will create a new branch so the existing proposal can be developed further.

>   Personally I would separate the (json) data from the program,
>   but that is a minor detail.

Agreed; if JSON is to be used it should be in a separate file.