Hi

It is amazing how many commits Henk and Sebb can produce, I have lost track
long ago about the status of things, with one exception I see both proposals
having growing complexity (now e.g. both use yaml) most of the complexity seems
to arise in order to be to be able to handle  situations in the future (by
using the past as s valid example) something I strongly believe is a false
assumption.

Furthermore I think in the idea of making a superior technical solution, at
least one key human factor has been neglected.

Let me put it bluntly, are either of you prepared to take over attic
maintenance should we go for your solution. Any solution that does not solve
the human maintenance question is not really a solution.

I, being the current maintainer, have long stated my wishes for a new site, and
currently the 2 proposals seems to move further away from my wishes of
simplicity. Please do not expect me to volunteer for maintaining technical
elegant solutions, that I do not feel comfortable with. I will of course
respect if others volunteer to help out.

I see no progress in choosing the right solution, something that worries me
deeply, we as a community should be able to solve this between us, and not make
it a board issue. The next board report will contain a description of the
ongoing activity, but hopefully with a positive conclusion.

have a nice weekend.
rgds
jan i

Sent from my iPad