On Fri, 27 Apr 2018, Jan Iversen wrote:

Date: Fri, 27 Apr 2018 13:39:16 +0200
From: Jan Iversen <jancasacon...@gmail.com>
To: general@attic.apache.org
Subject: new sites and swarm of commits.

Hi Jan,

It is amazing how many commits Henk and Sebb can produce, I have lost
track long ago about the status of things

  Please, just ignore the commits.

                                           with one exception I see
both proposals having growing complexity (now e.g. both use yaml) most
of the complexity seems to arise in order to be to be able to handle
situations in the future (by using the past as s valid example)
something I strongly believe is a false assumption.

  Eh, no. To generate the old (even pre-attic) stuff,
  some optional attributes had to be added.
  The last project to retire (oltu) is typical
  for future projects ; this is the config entry :

    ---
    name: Oltu
    project: oltu
    retired: April 2018
    mailnames:
      - dev
      - user
      - commits
    tracker:
      - JIRA
      - OLTU
    scm: svn
    wiki: https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/oltu/
      Apache Oltu was an OAuth protocol implementation in Java. It also
      covers others OAuth family related implementations such as JWT, JWS
      and OpenID Connect
    ---

  What is complicated about that ?
  To update the site, all you have to do is 'edit' and 'commit' ;
  that is the goal.

  My stuff is now 300 lines of simple Perl ; as it was before.
  Sebb uses more tools, but about the same ones as before.
  Processing appears to be split between the (ruby) generator,
  and the jekyll template ; preference is a matter of taste.

  Sebb is setting up the build stuff ; great ; we'll (something
  like) that anyway after the git switch, if I'm not mistaken.

  Just ignore the commits. We'll judge the stuff when dev is done.
  I think we're mostly done.

Sebb,

  ... are you almost done :-) ?
  ... using yaml ?

                                           The next board report will
contain a description of the ongoing activity, but hopefully with a
positive conclusion.

  I'm sure of it.

jan i

  Regards,

  HPP

Henk P. Penning, ICT-beta                 R Uithof MG-403    _/ \_
Leuvenlaan 4, 3584CE Utrecht, NL          F +31 30 253 4553 \_/ \_/
http://www.staff.science.uu.nl/~penni101/ M penn...@uu.nl     \_/