+1 to most parts
the only part that I'd prefer to keep simple is the Board vote vs Attic vote:
this is exactly the type of vote we tried to get from Board when digging into
XMLBeans details and got as answer "just do it"
Which is sufficient to me: we don't create any new project (= a new community
and a new PMC), but merge a disappeared community into a live community

IMHO, project = codebase + community + PMC
a board vote is useful for a new project because it represents a new community
then a new PMC
When a community and its PMC create a new "internal" project, also called sub-
project, the PMC does not ask any vote from board.

notice: I won't fight against a Board vote: the next time, since Board will
better know what it votes about, the vote will just be a formal approval "from
the top of ASF"

I like Bertrands's summary start: once consensus on the end is ok and process
(board vote or not), this is exactly what we could keep in Attic site to
document this scenario

Regards,

Hervé